The Power of Having A Vision
CfC’s 7 Tips on Creating a Vision Board
- Have a target, a goal or an outcome of which you desire- This can be whatever you think of…but make it realistic so when you look at it you don’t have those silly thoughts of doubt floating through your mind like… “Yeah right!…” Remember anything is possible so DREAM BIG… Just don’t let your mind sabotage your outcome.
- Buy or find a canvas- I used my walls… You can use whatever… your smart phone, a poster, plywood, anything, as long as it’s somewhere or something you can look at often. I started with the walls in my garage at first… It went from a garage, to a recording studio, to an office. Now I call it… “My think tank!” When I have those negative thoughts bouncing around in my head… I read my walls. However I do suggest placing it on something mobile like a canvas board or placing a pic on the lock-screen of your phone.
- Find some inspiration to post- I used old magazines, book, stickers, stencils, printouts, pictures, drawing, things that I wrote or quotes out a book or fortune cookies and whatever else completes your vision.
- Make it stick!- For walls I used adhesive spray, which is easily removable with a heat gun or handheld blowdryer if you ever need to adjust. Tape looks tacky to me!… so I don’t use often!… “Want to make it stick in your head?”…READ and Observe it for 21 days straight… Be firm and don’t adjust much… Don’t be wishy-washy… You’ll confuse the universe and your outcome.
- It’s not a Wish List!- Just KNOW you can’t use it as some La-la Land wish list… Noooooo!… and don’t let it get you down if certain things don’t manifest from your vision… This just means you may have lost sight along the way, and that’s okay at times… Just Re-focus and follow through.
- Show some gratitude- Don’t let your vision board be all about your future… Give “Thanks” to the things you are grateful for… Recognize the seeds you have sown and the harvest you’ve reaped thus far and show some gratitude.
- Be patient, yet conscience- Things may not always appear when you expect it… It’s usually when least expected, however embrace the process! Know that anything is possible and when you observe your “vision board“ OFTEN… Stay conscience to the fact you are looking at “goals” backed by faith… In knowing that you still must take some action for any of it to manifest.
REMEMBER This: You can sow seeds or throw seeds… If you’re just throwing pics on your board, you may never take the time to cultivate and nourish the sowing of that seed so… Sow the seed and see it often as a reminder to what you’re working toward and use all the inspirational quotes as a reminder of what you ALREADY are and have!